EZ Buck$ for Burroughs is a program designed for supporters of Burroughs Community School to contribute financially to the school in alternative ways-mainly by leveraging existing corporate programs which make donations from your purchases! It doesn't cost you a thing and it is easy and fun to do! Please encourage family and friends to save for Burroughs through the variety of programs we participate in.
Clip & Save Programs: Please check for these items at home, and have students drop them in their classroom container.
- Clip and send in Box Tops from brands like General Mills, Annie's, Old El Paso, Nature Valley, Yoplait, Boise paper and more! Each Box Top coupon is worth $.10. Cub & Hyvee frequently have bonus Box Top coupons that print at the register based on your purchases. Some are valued at $5.00-10.00!
- Bonus App: All you need is your smart phone and store receipt. Select items earn bonus Box Tops each month and are applied to our account. Most bonuses earn $.20, making this an easy, high-tech way to triple our earnings!
- Click on the link above to visit the website for money saving coupons & to enter sweepstakes that earn Bonus Box Tops prizes for Burroughs!
- $.25 coupon on inside of cardboard packaging.
- Country Hearth and Village Hearth bread have specially marked UPC labels, each one turned in earns $.05!
Retailer fundraising programs
Other ways to contribute financially to Burroughs - that don't cost you a dime! Just shop at these stores below, and Burroughs will get a share of your shopping dollars - or credit for school purchases!
Dining for Dollars
- Dining for Dollars are fun community building events at local restaurants and businesses such as MyBurger, Punch Pizza, Chipotle, The Lowbrow and more! When families mention Burroughs when making their purchase, a percentage of the bill is donated to the PTA! Watch your child's folder and well as the Burroughs Bulletin and Parent Facebook page for upcoming events!
- Earn Burroughs .05% cash back when you shop through this link and designate Burroughs as your charity. Bookmark or favorite this easy one!
- Shop at Office Depot & Office Max for all of your school & office supplies, and designate Burroughs as your school each time you make a purchase using the ID# 70054458. Office Depot & Office Max will award Burroughs 5% of the qualifying purchases in merchandise credit which can be used towards FREE supplies!
- Tip: Add the ID number to your contacts list for easy access when shopping in store or online. Forgot? You can also enter the receipt info on their website to get credit!
- Kowalski's makes a quarterly donation based on the number of receipts placed in the Burroughs box at the front of the store. Every receipt counts, the amount spent doesn't matter.
- Good Search is a Search Engine powered by Yahoo and GoodShop is a portal to all of your favorite online shopping sites like Amazon, Target, Old Navy & more, as well as discounted deals at local businesses & restaurants. We receive a percentage of each purchase through GoodShop and 1 cent for every search. Simply go to GoodSearch.com or GoodShop.com and choose Burroughs Community School as your charity.
Recycling Programs: Bring these items from home and deposit in the designated containers at Burroughs.
TerraCycle Drink & Snack Pouches
- TerraCycle prevents pouches like Capri Sun, Honest Kids & GoGo Squeeze from taking up space in landfills. Our fantastic lunch volunteers help kids recycle them daily; recycle the ones you sip at home too, cap and all! The bin is located outside the lunchroom. (Just make sure to empty out any unused product first). And a bonus: TerraCycle donates $.01-.02 for each pouch we submit. Sip on that.
Used cell phones and ink cartridges
- Bring in your used ink cartridges (not refurbished) and old cell phones and drop in the specially marked bin at the bottom of the stairs. We'll recycle them and earn $3 each. Good for the environment, good for Burroughs!
- Used and dried up markers can be kept out of our waste stream as well. Drop them in the marked container at the bottom of the main staircase.
We appreciate your continued support of Burroughs Community School and all the EZ Buck$ programs.
Questions, suggestions, new ideas, or want to help out? Please contact Lara Tickle at firstname.lastname@example.org.