Parent Teacher Association
What We Do
We count on parent involvement to guarantee specific academic needs and enrichment activities benefiting all students. Whether it is your time, money, strengths or all of the above, the reality is parent involvement at Burroughs is not only a want but very much a need.
A major purpose of the PTA is fundraising through programs like:
- Silent Auction
- Box Tops
- Spirit Wear
- Scholastic Book Fair
Last year the above programs, and the families involved in
making them a success, resulted in near $100,000. Below are examples of the
benefits we can continue to offer our kids with this level of involvement:
- Regular Significant Donations to Burroughs Achieve Fund
- Exceptional Math Program - Singapore Math, M2 and M3
- Supplementing Art - Fine Arts Poetry, Art Adventure/Art Institute tour
- Supplementing Music- Bravo!, MN Sinfonia, Ordway and Choir trip
- Environmental Centre Overnight Field Trips - Voyager and Deep Portage
- After School Clubs - Chess, Destination Imagination, Bird Watching and Lego League
- Extra Active & Healthy Programs - Mindfulness, Ice Fishing, Track & Field and the Ski trip
- Celebrating Accomplishments - 5th Grade Graduation Party, End of the Year Picnic
- Recognizing our Amazing Teachers - Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
The Burroughs PTA achieves its goals by managing a budget of
over $100,000 that funds classroom enrichment, field trips, teacher support,
and school-wide events. The PTA also oversees many of the opportunities for
parents to be involved at Burroughs.
Join the PTA! As a member you can vote on budgets and other decisions, as well as stay up-to-date on all the latest information about academics and extracurriculars at Burroughs.
In 2019, the PTA voted to discontinue the $10 annual dues requirement. Join us at any of the PTA meetings to sign up or contact the PTA at burroughsmn.PTA@gmail.com.
We need your continued support! Please consider donating to the Burroughs PTA! Please drop off cash or checks to Maggie Nelon, our school Secretary.
PTA meetings are held from 6:30-8:30 five times a year. This year, to accommodate social distancing, we will be conducting the meetings remotely over Zoom. Please stay tuned for the link information. In the event we move to onsite PTA meetings, FREE childcare for ages 3+will be available! In the 2020-2021 school year, meetings will be held on:
Below is how our last meeting agenda: