Parent Teacher Association
To learn about Burroughs PTA, please visit https://burroughspta.org/
What We Do
We count on parent involvement to guarantee specific academic needs and enrichment activities benefiting all students. Whether it is your time, money, ideas or all of the above, the reality is parent involvement at Burroughs is not only a want but a critical need.
A major purpose of the PTA is fundraising through programs like:
- Dining 4 Dollars
- Spirit Wear
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Direct Donations
Below are examples of the
benefits we can continue to offer our kids with this level of involvement:
- Regular Significant Donations to Burroughs Achieve Fund
- Supplementing Art - Fine Arts Poetry, Art Adventure/Art Institute tour
- Supplementing Music- Bravo!, MN Sinfonia, and Ordway
- After School Clubs - Chess, Lego League, Math Club, Sustainability Team
- Extra Active & Healthy Programs - Mindfulness, Ice Fishing, Track & Field and the Ski trip
- Celebrating Accomplishments - 5th Grade Graduation Party, End of the Year
- Recognizing our Amazing Teachers - Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
- Student, Faculty and Family enrichment through PTA sponsored committees: Families for Equity and Justice (FEJ) and Social and Emotional Wellness (SEW)
The Burroughs PTA achieves its goals by managing a budget of $40,000 up to $100,000 that funds classroom enrichment, field trips, teacher support,
and school-wide events. The PTA also oversees many of the opportunities for
parents to be involved at Burroughs.
Join the PTA! As a member you can vote on budgets and other decisions, as well as stay up-to-date on all the latest information about academics and extracurriculars at Burroughs. Annual Membership dues are covered by the Burroughs PTA
Join us at any of the PTA meetings to sign up or contact the PTA at burroughsmn.PTA@gmail.com.
We need your continued support! Please consider donating to the Burroughs PTA! Please drop off cash or checks to Maggie Nelon, our school Secretary.
PTA meetings are held from 6:30-8:00 throughout the year in the Burroughs Auditorium. FREE childcare for ages 3+will be available!